Friday, 13 August 2010

012: Recent design work

Quick post just to keep the blog up to date with what I've been working on lately. These are sketches for a Uni holiday project which I mentioned in my last post - designing a wardrobe for a professional female surfer taking part in various events (surfing and non-surfing) in Puerto Rico.

Not terribly exciting but practical and pretty, I hope. This is what I have designed for her flight over and for general day wear.


While researching the history of surfwear, I was really inspired by the swimming costumes of the forties and fifties. Just trying to find ways of making them more contemporary. Here are some designs for board shorts and bikinis.

Trying to get some ideas down for a capsule wardrobe which works really hard and fills all the criteria is really tricky. Just trying to keep it wearable and practical. From what I hear, Puerto Rico is quite laid back, even in the clubs, so she'd look a bit out of place in some fancy getup even though I really want to design some aaarrrghhhh!

2 comments:

Kendra said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YES your comment section is working!!!

I don't surf, but I'd totally wear the outfit in the first pic!

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It lives! Thanks for telling me about it, hun, and double thanks for commenting.

Hahaha, I was thinking of stealing Viv's bikini you mentioned in your Q&A. It is lovely. I love skorts!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xxx